Monday, December 21, 2009

You've Got To Be Joking

Sit back and relax as you enjoy this week’s Sports Shorts.

Only 2,600 fans showed up to watch the Clippers beat the Sixers in Philadelphia. You know you’re struggling when your attendance is half the size of Allen Iverson’s posse.

At least three teams remain interested in Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley - the Rays, the Rangers and a team of psychologists.

Gregg Popovich has picked up his 700th career victory. In all fairness, 500 of those wins have come against the Nets.

Greg Oden believes he can still return this season. The news comes as a surprise to many observers who assumed Oden hurt his knee, not his brain.

Kentucky freshman John Wall has the entire nation buzzing about his pro prospects. Now comes the hard part: playing well enough to win an NCAA championship, but not so well that he gets drafted by the Nets.

A Russian billionaire has moved a step closer to owning the New Jersey Nets. He’s also moved a step closer to becoming a Russian millionaire.

The entire nation of Sweden is reportedly angry at Tiger Woods. Sure it doesn’t sound like a big deal now, but just wait until he has to start buying all of his replacement furniture at Ikea.

A new poll has found that 92 percent of all NFL players believe Roger Goodell is doing an excellent job. The other 8 percent play for the Lions.

PGA commissioner Tim Finchem believes the Tour can survive without Tiger Woods. Sure, but can Tiger Woods survive without the Tour’s groupies?

Diminutive guard Nate Robinson has now sat out nine straight games. On the positive side, at least he’s not blocking anyone’s view.